French Flea Market

Monday, January 4, 2010

The History of ME

Hi, I am AlisaMarie.
I am a follower of Christ.
I am a young.
I am a wife.
I am a stay at home mom.
I am a photographer.
I am an artist.
I am a firm believer in: baby wearing, cloth diapering, cosleeping, attachment parenting, natural medicine, non/selective/delayed vaccinations and breast feeding.
I am crunchy and prefer to eat organic and use natural cleaning products.
and
Last but not least: I am proud!

I am writing this blog to inform more people about the "crunchy" lifestyle. I used to be embarrassed of the way I did things but now I am proud because I don't do this to please anyone else. I do this because it just feels natural for me and my family.

About me and my family:

I know that God placed me on this earth to be a mother- and the fact that I am blessed enough to be able to do it just astounds me.
I have been married to the love of my life and my best friend since July 18, 2008. We were fresh out of high school and crazy about each other (we still are) and after being together over 3 1/2 years, we didn't want to waste any time. We knew God's plan for our lives and felt ready to be married. With the support of family, friends and our pastor, we made a commitment to each other till death do us part.
I was blessed enough to get pregnant right away and had Levi on April 1, 2009. He is the light and joy of our life. I never knew I could feel the way I do. He has turned my life upside down- I love it.
When I became a mother, I didn't plan on being "crunchy" or becoming a "modern day hippie". I just started doing what felt natural to me and later realized it had a name.
During my pregnancy I thought for sure I would put him in a crib immediately, let him cry it out and I wanted every drug possible during labor. After I had Levi, my feelings and views just slowly started to change. I started cloth diapering and that was just the beginning.

Join me on my journey of being a young mom and living a crunchy lifestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment