So because we decided to do a forest theme I wanted to do some things with leaves and lots of browns, cremes, greens and even a little yellow. Because we cant paint, I wanted to add flare and something unique and I thought that some fun mobiles would be perfect!
I took an idea from a wonderful tutorial from one of my very favorite websites Young House Love from here and then obviously changed it up a bit since pink flowers were just not going to cut it.
Heres what became of my project
Above Levis dresser/changing table
Now, it is a lot harder to create some what of an "orb" with wire. The best way I found was to wrap it in a circle (as big as you want) 4 or 5 times and tie it. I did this twice, then tied the centers together and kind of starting fanning out each wire as I went. Hope that makes sense.
I am so happy with how they turned out! Even my serious, very particular (in other words, picky) husband was impressed and wants me to make more for our room! It is simple yet adds enough to really change the look of the area! And Levi (almost 2) loves it. He talks about the "leafs" and how they are "flying" all the time. So so so cute!